Monday, March 5, 2012

February Empties!

Hello all!
I'm so excited about this post, I can hardly contain myself... *composure, Megan*
I have empty products!
I have always read blog posts that have these kinds of posts and get secretly jealous of these women who are actually using their products. It may seem silly, but being an admitted makeup hoarder, I never really go through my products and see it through its lifespan.
I mean, I only vaguely remember going through a Bonne Bell eyeshadow quad in high school. It was a BIG DEAL. Side note, I never really wore makeup in high school, but I'm getting off topic...


Here are the products! I'll go through each one and tell you whether I would or would not repurchase.
Yes To Cucumbers Facial Towelettes, $5.99 at most drugstores:
I really enjoyed these makeup wipes. They had a great smell, and they didn't leave a greasy feeling on my face after using them. I wouldn't say they were life changing, but definitely a great option!
EOS Lip Balm in Lemon, $3.99 at drugstores:
Most people either love or hate EOS lip balms. I'd say I'm pretty neutral about it. I used this every night before bed and it was pretty moisturizing. Again, not a life changing product by any means, but it's cute and smells nice. I have a couple more in different flavors in my drawers.
Biore Detoxifying Daily Scrub, $6:
I AM SO UPSET THIS IS GONE. It had an amazing smell, not too fruity but not too soapy, just a perfect balance of the two. It was a gentle scrub in a creamy formula which was perfect for winter. Unfortunately I can't find this anywhere. I haven't seen most Biore products other than their pore strips lately... does anyone know if they're phasing out their skincare?
St. Ives Green Tea Scrub, $2 for mini, around $5 for full size:
This stuff smells sooooo good. Like the Biore, it's not too abrasive and is perfect for every day use. I bought this while I was out of town and forgot to bring a face wash... how I forgot to I'll never know. But this was a pleasant surprise and have since repurchased the full size.
Revlon ColorStay eyeliner in Black, around $6-7:
This one was just okay for me. It's a typical twist up liner that was a grayed out version of black. To be honest I only ever use liquid liner, and hardly touch any pencil liner for my top lash line. But I did use this up for when I had work or errands to do and didn't really want to go all out with my makeup. I wouldn't repurchase this, it was too run of the mill for me.
Stila One Step Makeup in Fair, $22 Sephora:
I seriously cannot believe I finished a foundation. I'm not even kidding you guys, I was SO EXCITED when this ran out. Not that I didn't like it, it was just crazy to finish up a product that seemed to never end! It was a good foundation, but had an unusual consistency once it was running out. When I first had it, it was a great creamy almost mousse texture, but as it got on, it became very thick and almost paste like. I think Stila has since discontinued this and replaced it with the Hello, Flawless foundation, but I believe you can still find it on All Cosmetics Wholesale or it will occasionally show up on Hautelook sales.

So that's everything guys! What items have you been going through lately? Are there any products in your collection that are on the brink of running out that you adore?

No comments:

Post a Comment